Tuesday, November 9, 2010

OBAMA SIGHTING

So, President Obama came to Charlottesville on October 29th. Nile was at work so I decided to brave the crowds and pack up the boys to make sure Athen got a glimpse of this historic president. He wasn't speaking until 7:30, so I picked up Athen from school at 3 and took the boys straight to the downtown mall to park and wait in line. HA! When we got there the line already went from the Pavillion out the other end of the down town mall. Later that evening, Nile and I decided that it would be fun to see him drive by, so we looked for a place we could get a glimpse.

Our first try was by the whale tails out side our neighborhood.

Everyone had a good time running around, but in the end they had to evacuate this area.

That didn't stop us. We ended up outside of Kroger on 29. First they closed off the highway, then Air Force I flew in really low right over our heads. Several minutes later the President and his entourage came zooming by. We made sure to look for the SUV with the flags. I didn't expect the lights to be on, but they were, and Athen and I got a small glimpse of the President. It was a fun chase. After we got home, we went to the neighbor's house to watch Obama speak. I was surprised that Athen half listened, and had some really good questions.

No comments: